Friday, May 20, 2005

Nooooo...my car is dead

After many long years together (5 to be precise), my car finally gave up the ghost and died. So many fun adventures...so many tight spots to squeeze into (and out of)...so many friends (it could have been mistaken for a taxi)...so many late night trips to luton and beyond...we truly have walked down the road of life together.

I know many of my readers (at least he thinks he has many readers) will recall happy experiences with the white automobile of nissian. Whether its breaking down on the M1 late at night, going round a roundabout the wrong way, or knocking down a bollard in the Galaxy center, there have been many adventures. Check out a previous post

So ... may the tributes (comments) flood in.

5 comments:

Astrid said...

If you are lucky, it will return to you in it's next life, maybe it'll even be an Aston-Martin then! My condolances go out to you!

Steveybabe said...

Chris - I remember that evening. Not one of my car's better moments! The engine was rather cold and sluggish. Poor thing. Still it held up for all those years!

Astrid - yeah I'd really like an Aston-Martin DB 9 (7 will also suffice) so if you've got one spare...otherwise I better start saving up my pennies.

Liz said...

Steve.... awww....

That car was a defining part of my sixth form experience...I can't believe it's totally dead :o(((

Hehehe... "what was that noise as we went round that roundabout, Steve?" "what - that? Oh, it does that every time I turn right..." "I see..." *grips edges of seat a little tighter*

Steveybabe said...

Ah yes! I remember 'that noise'! Glad such an off-white vehicle had such an impact. I fear my driving was less so.

Liz said...

Oh no, I think you driving involved quite enough....."impact" :oP

Certainly on that poor exhaust going into your driveway!