Monday, October 11, 2004

My little car

Took my little bro out for a driving lesson today. Was an interesting experience! 3 point turns, 2nd, 3rd gear - he's not getting too bad. When he passes his test, I guess we'll be sharing the same car, but since I'm going away to Hong Kong for a year I won't be needing it. (Unless I get the strange urge to drive it there) Problem is - I don't expect the car to be in one piece when I get back next year cause he reckons he's gonna write it off! And that's coming from him and not me! I think I better start saving up now...

Right now he's outside unbolting the driver's seat cause he wants to clean underneath it properly. I can remember all the enthusiasm I had when I was learning to drive but this makes me laugh.

Had lots of fun in my little car. Its an old white nissan micra which I am quick to point out is not particularly amazing but its gets me from A to B and I've done a lot of A-B'ing over the last 4 years. My Dad often accuses me of being a taxi driver cause I'm always taking mates somewhere. But its fun to go out with them to places. We've had a few adventures too. Breaking down on the M1 at midnight with my bro's, Alina and Liz wasn't a highlight, but swapping it for my mates wedding car definately was! He had an identical car so while he was inside marrying his bride we swapped it for mine and hid his round the corner covering it in vast amounts of shaving foam, toilet roll and balloons. Ah fond memories!


1 comment:

Liz said...

YAY!

Wow... I get a mention. And your car, oh, I'd forgotten about that, but fond fond memories indeed :)

I can't believe it's still going. Very impressed.

Ah, that Coventry run........