Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm a ... blogger

Dave Heath posted an interesting article on his blog about the types of bloggers out there.

  • Referential - linking the guts out of pages
  • Experiental - churning out the depths of your heart into bit and bytes
  • Newscaster - his own construction of a "Just so you know" blogger, rather sporadic posting
Read his post here

I think I have referential tendiencies [example post] as well as experiential (well not to its fullest) [example] but also newscasting potential (example not available because I haven't blogged for 66 days - I think you get the point)

Might I suggest my sub categories:
  • Sporadic blogger
    • Guilty sporadic blogger - know he/she has a habit of not posting. Most blogged about topic - the fact that they haven't blogged in a while".
    • In-denial sporadic blogger - gets it together everynow and then, likes people to think they have a healthy blog.
    • Mindless sporadic blogger - really hasn't got a clue about the whole blogging thing, but remembers a conversation with a friend that convinced them to start anyway.
I tend to morph into one or many of the above categories in some strange anarchistic flux. I really resonate with "sporadic", sorry guys. My most blogged about topic really is 'sorry for not blogging recently"

Update: perhaps I should be called a "Belated Blogger?" :o)

No comments: