Friday, June 30, 2006

How many tennis matches can you watch at the same time?

The BBC has finally got its act together and is streaming live video feeds of the World Cup and Wimbledon sporting events.

We still don't have BBC interactive (the 'press the red button' service) at home on the telly so instead I'm having to make do loading the video streams onto my brother's laptop and then placing it next to the TV. Its great fun to play around with. I was just watching 3 Wimbledon matches all at the same time. Hewitt vs Lee, Murray vs Bennetteau and Roddick vs Mayer. Lots of quality tennis and lots of fun experimenting with the different video feeds available.

Its gonna be very useful tomorrow to follow Wimbledon whilst Germany are playing Argentina in the World Cup Quarter Final and then Italy vs Ukraine. Its a shame that Wimbledon officials have refused to show the football on Henman Hill (or Mount Murray as its been newly christened). But instead I shall look forward to watching both from the comfort of my own arm chair!

I love being on holiday!! :o)

2 comments:

Mike & Helen said...

Hey Steve, nice to see that you're blogging from England. So, does this mean that we get to benefit from your techical advances? Can we now watch the matches online from here?

And what's your prediction for the match tomorrow? I reckon it will finish 2-1 to us in extra time. But I'm hoping for a repeat of our 1947 match against Portugal (see my latest post!).

Mike & Helen said...

I think someone needs to update their blog! or are you too busy watching tennis and football?! :)