Monday, October 09, 2006

New York City Children

A friend of mine recently sent me this short 3 min video about a project to photograph a child from every country - but they are all living in New York.

Those of you that know me, know that I love anything multi-cultural, crossing borders and boundaries, bringing people from many nations together. So I love the motivation behind this project:
"The mission of New York City Children is to gather and nuture an inclusive community of children and create opportunities for them to meet and learn about each other and form friendships"
You'll also probably know that I really enjoy portait photography. I love taking shots of friends that reveal just one or two aspects of their character... and there's some really neat about the characters of the children captured in this sequence.

I'm not sure how many nations he's covered yet, I couldn't find a website apart from www.goodmagazine.com (which produced the short documentary) but it has no search feature! If anyone finds it, please let me know :o)

Links

No comments: