Thursday, November 10, 2005

What to do...

This started off as a comment to Harriet's blog post. [ link ] but quickly grew into something more substantial as I realised the depth of my own time management problems. Thanks Harriet!!

Snippet...
The problem comes when my head becomes so full up of little things that need to be done that I don't do anything, other than try and sort through it. I'm procrastinating now. I should be filling in my UCAS form, or getting my head round my psychology project, or finding the email with Adam's address on so that I can post his birthday present, bought at the time of his birthday.

Adam's birthday was in August.

Ah yes! I know exactly what you mean. We're running up to a website deadline and there are so many things that people would like me to do. Post-it notes along with a book seem to work ok for me. Problem is, I get so overloaded with things to do that I don't know where to start. The main problem is that stack of email that is filling up in my inbox. Friends emailed me over a month ago and I still haven't replied. I really want to reply, but I want to find the time to do it properly...not just a quick 'hi' email. Plus, I only live a 2 minute walk from the office so I really have little excuse about traveling


People often say that we don't have enough time to do things...but that can't be strictly true because time is a continous thing. One day flows seemlessly into the next.

Maybe we just have too much to do sometimes!

2 comments:

Harriet said...

A fair few of us seem to be posting on this subject. Is it the time of year perhaps?

I thought what Liz had to say was quite profound, even if it smacks of an email circular!

Sipech said...

If we consider ourselves to be equal masses, then perhaps we could meet up at a bar nearest to the barycentre - probably somewhere in the Czech Republic!

It's about high time you paid a visit to this continent. Some of us may not be here for too much longer!